Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Serving at the ACT festival!

 Hair Stylist and I volunteered at the ACT festival( Artists Creating Together) for people and children with special needs. There were different workshops set up for the festival, and they all took place in a museum. This was the room where I(Sapphire) volunteered in. I was in the workshop for" dance".
 Before the workshops began, an adult group with disabilities did a dance that included this big parachute which was the high light.
 Our little brother has down syndrome and came to the festival along with his class from school. He came into the "dance" department so I was able to see him.
 Hair Stylist" I was in the "pottery" workshop, and had the chance also to see my brother."
 Sapphire" This next picture is of me and Max Dingeman. He has down syndrome but is a social celebrity in the world of special arts. He and his partner won the first ever top score for the swing step at our local Dancing with the Stars.
This was the lady who was the dance instructor. She was a ball of energy, and lots of fun to work with. Her stage name is "Cat", which would explain why she wore cat earrings and cat shoes. We both had a fun time being able to serve and to see a whole different world of children and adults with disabilites.

No comments:

Post a Comment