Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mocha Chocolate Ice Box Cake!


Sapphire: I have been trying some different recipes and so for Mother's Day I tried a recipe from Barefoot Contessa.  It was chocolate chip cookies layered with an awesome mocha, coffee liqueur, whipped cream, and known best as a Mocha Chocolate Ice Box Cake. This was a superb and delicious cake, and so easy as well. No baking! All you have to do it slip it in the refrigerator the night before and WALLLA!
I added some chocolate shavings from a Hersey's bar on the top. Here's the recipe for the cake- Mocha Chocolate Icebox Cake on the Food Network. The only thing that I had to change was the mascarpone cheese, I made my own homemade version which was just as good( though I have never had the real thing) here is that link also-http://www.food.com/recipe/mascarpone-cheese-substitute-66077  . I made my own homemade chocolate chip cookies too, HINT- just make sure that you over cook them so that they are on the crisper side or you'll get a mushy mess.Hope your family will love it as much as mine did. If you have any questions just ask below. P.S. We also enjoyed pouring on a little chocolate syrup on as well.

5 comments:

  1. You should so totally teach me how to do that!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing, Sapphire!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girl's for your comments! Hopefully Nine next time I make the cake, I'll get the process of it on video so that I can share it with you!

    Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Emily for stopping by and it was Delicious!
      Sapphire

      Delete