Thursday, July 11, 2013

Flip Flop Birthday Cupcakes!

Sapphire: For Goosie Girl's birthday, we had a Flip-Flop, Beach, theme. For little treats we got the idea of using Nutty Butters as little flip-flop cookies from Pintrest. Hair Stylist piped some frosting on them and decorated it with fun sprinkles.

For the cupcakes, I made a classic Chocolate Cupcake using the best recipe that I have ever found for chocolate cupcakes. It is actually from a vegan blog, but they are awesome. Moist, rich, and flavorful, I topped these off with a fresh strawberry jam frosting. ( Here is the link to the cupcake recipe- http://chefchloe.com/sweets/chocolate-strawberry-shortcake-cupcakes.html

Tapper helped dip the frosted cupcakes in crushed up graham crackers( to make it look like a beach on the top) And then we stuck in these little umbrellas. You know when you go to the beach, there's lots of umbrella's!!!!

Here's a picture of what my frosting looked like. As you can see in the corner, I have my graham cracker crumbs all ready to go. I'll post some more pictures of her birthday, so stay tuned!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment