Thursday, October 24, 2013

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I made some cookies last evening that were easy and delicious. I found a recipe for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies, in which I wondered about the oatmeal in peanut butter cookies??? But actually it adds some really nice texture. Here is a step-by-step for you all!
So I mixed my "wet" ingredients together, then added my dry.
I love that the sugar content isn't so high. We have a recipe for classic peanut butter cookies which involves a whooping.......2 cups of sugar!!!!!!
Now the recipe doesn't say to include the chocolate chips, but we LOVE chocolate and so I added them. Don't worry they don't change anything, they only add soooo much!!!!!
I put in about a 1 C. and a 1/3 of the chocolate chips.
Dinner was in the oven, so I had to wait to cook them. It can be VERY dangerous to leave cookie dough lying around. So I tried to hide it away, and then remembered the raw egg in the dough and so I threw it into the fridge.
My finished product, TADA!!!!!!!!


The Cookie.........

Below I have given you the recipe. I have done the sandwich thing before, but know that it does take a little more time to fill them. This time I decided to make it simple on myself :) Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

For the cookies:

1 1/2 cups quick oats

1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup honey roasted peanut butter (you can find it freshly ground at Whole Foods. all it is is honey roasted peanuts ground into peanut butter, which gives it a slightly sweet, roasted honey flavor)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 egg

For the filling:



1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar

1 cup smooth peanut butter*

Preheat an oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix butter, both sugars, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla. Pour oat mixture into peanut butter mixture, stirring until just mixed. Place rounded teaspoonfuls of batter on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving 2 centimeters between each one. Using your finger, pat dough down so they form small flattened circles. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely on cookie sheet.



While the cookies are baking, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar and peanut butter until light and airy, about 5 minutes.



On a work surface, place half of the cookies upside down. Whisk the filling to lighten it. Dollop 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of each upside down cookie.  Place second cookie on top of filling and press together until filling just comes to the edges. Ta-da!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, looks yummy! Great job! and I love your blog design right now. :)
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tane!!! I was trying to play around with it a little, and finally came to across something I liked :)

    Sapphire

    ReplyDelete