Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks



 We took the opportunity to see the new movie Saving Mr. Banks at our local state theater. Now for me, Mary Poppins has always been a favorite and classic. I mean, she can fly, clean up a room with the snap of her fingers, and is simply awesome.
 They had a projected silhouette of Mary Poppins on the curtains. Sooooo neat!!!!
 We enjoyed popcorn and Coke.

It was a very good movie and I loved the era it took place! The early 1960's with the clothes, cars, and everything. Though I have to admit that I thought it would be based around Mary Poppins as a character, but it was more about P.L. Travers( the author's) recollection of her father. And in that she imagined Mr. Banks to be the same. Thus the name Saving Mr. Banks. But Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, two awesome actors who did an amazing job bringing their characters to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment